The Owl Ride gives riders a choice of an 7.5-mile short course and a 17-mile extended route. With its non-competitive format and choice of courses, both casual and serious riders and families can enjoy the unique experience cruising Omaha’s streets at night on the Owl Ride. The family-friendly short course takes riders from Omaha’s riverfront into midtown Omaha. The extended course continues through the heart of Dundee and Aksarben Village before returning downtown via Field Club. Come join us at Lewis and Clark Landing on Omaha’s riverfront for the largest nighttime ride between Chicago and Denver.
The cost to register is $45 for adults, $50 the day of the event.
Kids 12 and under are $25 when riding with an adult, $30 the day of the event.
Owlet rider tickets for kids 8 and under are $10.
Owl Ride registration comes with:
- Official Rider Guide/route map.
- A cool dry-wick Owl Ride T-shirt. (Early registration, by July 1, is required for athletic shirt.)
- Rider identification bib (for registration confirmation and on-route bicycle maintenance support).
- A cruise through the heart of Omaha on a great course, with police providing traffic support at major intersections (streets are open to traffic, though, so do ride with normal discretion).
- Bicycle support provided by our local bike shop sponsors!
- Owl Perch rest stops with water/refreshments and snacks.
- Post-ride snack, beverage and entertainment at Lewis and Clark Landing
NOTE: Helmets are required for all Owl Ride participants, and state law also requires anyone riding at night to have both a front light and rear reflectors. Our sponsors offer discounts on helmets and lights. See our Safety page for more information.
Registered riders are strongly encouraged to pick up their packet in advance of the ride. Packet pickup is set for the following dates:
Saturday : TBD
Wednesday : TBD
Saturday : TBD
Owl Ride teams may be organized by employers seeking to provide a healthy, fun activity for their employees, or by schools, churches or clubs with an interest in joining the Owl Ride. The Owl Ride team with the most registered riders is awarded the Parliament Cup, a traveling trophy engraved annually with the identity of the winning team (a group of owls is known as a parliament).
To form a team, simply choose your team name, notify your team members and have them list their team name in the appropriate spot when they complete their on-line registration. Each member of the team must complete his or her individual registration. Riders must be registered on-line by 11:30 p.m. the night before the event to be counted as a team member for the Parliament Cup standings.
Past Parliament Cup Winners
2018: it could be you!
2016: Dundee Chain Gang.
2015: Dundee Chain Gang.
2014: Dundee Chain Gang.
2013: Dundee Chain Gang
2012: Dundee Chain Gang
2011: Dundee Chain Gang